As a patient at Reveal Dental, your health is our top priority. With our advanced technology, conservative treatment methods and emphasis on prevention, we can help you reach total dental and overall health in a comfortable and personalized way.
One of the best ways to accomplish this is with regular teeth cleanings, also known as “dental prophylaxis” or “prophy” for short. Our wonderful and skilled dental hygienists are prepared and trained to help you prevent dental disease in our comfortable and relaxing office. It is a simple but vital procedure that is recommended to have twice a year.
Plaque builds up on your teeth every day. It is a colorless and sticky film that forms on your teeth. By thoroughly removing the plaque from your teeth, the acidic substance is gone. Brushing and flossing isn’t enough to remove all of it as plaque builds up over a period of time. It’s that “fuzzy” feeling you feel with your tongue. Regular teeth cleanings with our expert hygiene team and dentist give you many benefits toward restoring or maintaining your gums and teeth:
- Prevents cavities – The buildup of plaque is the leading cause of cavities. By gently removing it with brushing, flossing, and dental hygiene, you can avoid cavities in the future.
- Whiter and brighter teeth – Regular teeth cleaning gets rid of the buildup of stains from tea, coffee, wine, and tobacco. You’ll end-up with a brighter smile, and that’s a wonderful boost in confidence. You’ll never want to hide your smile again!
- Fresher breath – Having a healthy mouth means it is odor-free. Regular hygiene appointments prevent bad breath by getting rid of the source of it – bad bacteria.
- Best value for your money – Teeth cleaning is the best preventative value by avoiding more costly, and maybe uncomfortable, dental procedures in the future. By taking good care of your teeth now, you’ll save money in the long run. Many insurance plans have a low or no co-payment feature towards dental hygiene, so be sure to fully use your dental benefits every year.
- Sealants – Can be used after teeth cleaning. This is a very thin plastic coating that is placed on the chewing surface of your teeth. Once placed, they provide your teeth a protective shield against cavities. Most often used with children and teenagers, it is also beneficial to adults without decay or previous fillings in their molars.
- Periodontal Therapy – Periodontal disease, or “gum disease”, refers to an infection in the gums. It causes bad breath and has been linked to serious health problems such as tooth loss, stroke, heart attack, and diabetes. Left untreated, it creates bone loss, tooth mobility and constant bleeding. Regular dental checkups and teeth cleanings can prevent periodontal disease from starting; if present, treatments called Scaling/Root Planing are used to treat it and keep it stable.
Going to the dentist can be practically pain-free with our clinical advances and expertise. Having regular teeth cleanings in our practice with good oral hygiene at home will help you reach ultimate dental and overall health. Contact us today to schedule a dental prophylaxis appointment.